“Conway125” projects seek to create “exceptional” quality of life
CONWAY, Ark. (March 9, 2017) – One thousand Conway area business and community leaders got a first look at seven “generation defining” projects organizers say will create an exceptional quality of life. The Conway125 campaign includes public and private projects identified through the 2010 Conway2025 community visioning process. The projects are as follows:
- Trails Everywhere – expanding Conway’s current trails system throughout Conway and adding pedestrian overpasses.
- Startup Space – the creation of the Arnold Innovation Center in downtown Conway.
- Grand Theatre – the purchase and renovation of the former Grand Theatre at Oak and Chestnut Streets.
- Wayfinding Signage – the installation of more than 180 signs designed to guide visitors to area destinations.
- Splash Pads – the installation of splash pads at parks in all parts of Conway.
- Roundabout Art – using Conway’s roundabouts as the setting for large-scale public art projects.
- Interstate Beautification – the design, installation, and maintenance of interstate corridor landscaping.
During the meeting, Conway Corporation Board Chair Johnny Adams announced a pledge toward the creation of the Arnold Innovation Center in downtown Conway. The Innovation Center is named in honor of retiring Conway Corporation CEO Richie Arnold and will be the main focus of the “Startup Space” component of Conway125.
The Chamber of Commerce also made their own commitment, announcing that the former “Grand Theatre” at Oak and Chestnut Streets was under contract and currently under inspection by theatre restoration specialists. Conway Area Chamber of Commerce CEO Brad Lacy said that the two announcements were evidence that the Conway125 project wasn’t just “pie in the sky.”
“These projects are ambitious but clearly within reach,” said Lacy. “Our goal is to see all of these projects completed over the next five years.”
For more information, please visit Conway125.com.
"Conway chamber unveils capital-campaign projects"
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette River Valley & Ozark Edition
"Chamber unveils projects at annual banquet"
Log Cabin Democrat